Many of us spend a majority of our time earning a living yet we resist giving any (or enough) time and attention to managing our hard-earned money and to making thoughtful spending choices. Whether or not one is a true compulsive spender, we can all benefit from bringing mindfulness to our daily financial decisions.
By giving pause and reflecting on the questions below, we increase our likelihood of making conscious and beneficial choices.
- Is this how I want to spend my money?
- If this was NOT on sale, would I still buy it?
- Is this what I came here for?
- Am I hungry, angry, lonely, or tired?
- Do I want this or need this?
- What if I wait?
- Where will I put it?
- Will it warrant having less money down the line?
- How many hours will I have to work to pay for it?